ActionStation are looking for a part-time digital fundraiser. Is this you?
Temporary contract from February — May 2019.
We are looking for someone with the skills to turbocharge ActionStation’s email-based fundraising in 2019. The role is for a part-time contract (10–20 hours per week depending on what you were after) from early Feb — May (13 weeks) at $30 per hour.
You can be based anywhere in the country, as long as you have an internet connection. We also have small offices in Auckland or Wellington if you wanted to hang out with the rest of our team in person.
Your role would include:
- Writing compelling email copy to increase one-off and regular donations to ActionStation;
- Conducting A/B tests using a range of variants to increase conversion and donations and iterating your approach based on the results;
- Experimenting with other forms of digital fundraising (e.g. Facebook fundraising and acquisition);
- Working with our Tech Director to improve digital fundraising performance through improved user experience;
- Working with the campaign team to improve our campaign efforts based on test results.
If suitable, the contract would start with sending you to Queenscliff, Australia from Feb 7–11 for a five day training Fellowship led by Michael Whitney and Nicole Aro. Michael helped revolutionise small dollar donations at massive scale, as Online Fundraising Manager for Bernie 2016; Nicole Aro is the Director of Digital Strategies at the AFL-CIO. Flights, Fellowship fee and accomodation are included. Read more about the Fellowship here.
We are looking for someone who has 1–2 years fundraising experience, though this doesn’t have to be in digital fundraising. You just need to demonstrate you know how to raise money for important kaupapa.
Please send your CV, a cover letter and an example of your writing as a fundraising email (up to 800 words) using any of ActionStation’s campaigns as the basis to email@example.com. You can see a list of our campaigns from 2018 here: https://2018.actionstation.org.nz/
In your cover letter, please include a couple of examples of tests you might run if you were given this opportunity. Please also indicate in that letter whether or not you are available/would like to attend the Fellowship in Australia.
Please put “Application: Fundraiser’ in the subject line and attach both your cover letter, CV and example email as a PDF.
Due to how close the Fellowship start date is and the need for quick recruitment, the deadline for applications is noon on Friday 25 January.